See zebra-striped switch engines and GP9s.
and blue & yellow F-units, GP9s, U-Boats, GP35s, SD45s, and F45s in this fantastic collection of Santa Fe training and promotional films from the 1950s and 1970s! You ll also see a welded rail train, a track geometry car, repair shows, icing docks, and much, much more. Each of the six films included in this program is a vintage gem! Here's what you'll experience in Workin' on the Santa Fe:
* Team Effort. Track repairmen learn safe handling techniques for the many tools they'll use, such as the spike maul, pick and sledge, claw bar, lining bar, rail fork, and others.
* Count the Seconds. Yard workers learn what happens when safety isn't uppermost in mind as they work around moving equipment!
* The Continuing Challenge. Santa Fe mounted a camera underneath an empty car to find out why derailments occurred on high-speed trains in 1974, with shocking results!
* Barstow: Nerve Center in the Desert. See the construction efforts that enabled Santa Fe to move 4,000 cars in and out of the ""new yard at Barstow"" every day.
* Pay Day. This 1950s film shows what happens when loading, locking down, coupling, and taking up slack aren't done right!
* The Argentine Yard - A Design for Tomorrow. Santa Fe's new systems process up to 3,100 cars a day, twice as many as before computerization.
Enjoy this nostalgic trip back in time as you explore one of the all-time favorite fallen flags. You're Workin' on the Santa Fe!
DVD Special Feature:
* Chapter Menus provides instant access to program segments.
1 Hour 30 Minutes
In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration
Full-screen (4x3) Format
No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide
Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case
Produced by Pentrex 2000.
Released on DVD by Pentrex 2008